The retirement housing sector plays a critical role in real estate in South Africa. It services a growing market with high expectations.
It was not a slow growth; it grew substantially in a relative short space of time, with the focus on sales, client relations and operations. This left a critical gap in terms of regulatory compliance.
Understanding the critical core competencies of regulatory compliance impacting the retirement sector is vital, which includes, but is not limited to:
- The Estate Agency Affairs Act/ Property Practitioners Act
- Registration with the Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB)
- The Fidelity Fund & Fidelity Certificates
- The EAAB Code of Conduct
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA)
- Registration with the FIC
- Risk Management & Compliance Programmes, Client Due Diligence and Risk Assessments
- Record Keeping
- Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
- Registering with the Information Regulator
- Privacy Policies & Protocols
- POPI plan for your business
Join us for a frank discussion on the compliance responsibilities in the sector.
What the Audience Can Learn
- What each office should have in place in terms of legislated requirements.
- Where and who should register with the various regulatory bodies.
- What are the consequences of non-compliance?